What is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is the Monday following Black Friday and the American holiday Thanksgiving at the end of November each year. It marks the start of Christmas shopping online and has become increasingly well-known in the early 2000s. In the UK, it has a name to describe the day called Manic Monday. In Denmark, it never really caught on as a day in its own right, instead Black Friday has been stretched out over the weekend.
It's safe to say that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are becoming more and more important in Denmark, and for many e-commerce businesses, they have become some of the most important days of the year. Consumers are searching for Black Friday and Cyber Monday online to a much greater extent, and they start searching for them earlier and earlier in the year. It's therefore important to start creating landing pages and content around these days well in advance to rank higher in search engines.
Cyber Monday + Black Friday = True!
Although Cyber Monday is not as big as Black Friday, there is a clear trend that both holidays or anniversaries increase online searches for bargains. So be sure to plan your campaigns well in advance.
Things to think about as a business before Cyber Monday
We've previously written a blog post for Black Friday that also highlights a lot of the things you should think about during these two days. Black Friday and Cyber Monday can really be used to create synergies and generate revenue for your business
- Re-marketing. Create re-marketing lists from previous weeks' campaigns around Black Friday. These are the people who have previously shown interest in your products and should therefore be easier to convert.
- Email marketing. Use email lists from recent weeks to send Cyber Monday newsletters
- Price comparison sites. Many consumers compare prices. Especially during Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it can be a sport for consumers to find the cheapest place to buy the product or the biggest discount.
- Customer club. If you haven't started a customer club yet, it may well be time to do so. Give those in your customer club an extra offer, for example, 'buy 3 pay for 2', 'free shipping' or that they get access to the offers earlier, some also offer the customer club an extra discount.
- Delivery times. Even though Christmas is still a long way off, most people want to receive their purchases as soon as possible. So if you have the same price as your competitors, delivery time can be a decisive parameter for whether the customer buys from you.
- Homepage. Cyber Monday is the biggest day of online shopping. Therefore, make sure you optimize your website in the best possible way so that the page loads quickly, a simple payment option works on mobile. But also make sure you have your analytics tools installed and updated so they can keep track of what's happening. And should an error occur, you can quickly fix it.
- Customer support. Today, customers expect a quick response time and multiple options. This could be a phone call, social media, email or a chat on the website. Consider whether you need extra staff to handle customers digitally these days, but who can also help with packing goods and updating the channels you use for communication.
- Marketing. If you're not visible, you don't exist. Make sure your marketing plays on the channels where your customers are. Consider whether you need to spend extra money on marketing to put you in a leading position in the run-up to holidays such as Christmas, Cyber Monday, Black Friday, etc.
Tips! Read our post Match marketing budget with your marketing strategy
Financing to increase your revenue - We help you!
Marketing, purchasing goods, extra staff, invoices you need to pay or have yet to pay. Making big investments can be costly and not everyone has the necessary liquidity. That's why a business loan from Qred can be a solution when you need an extra injection of cash. Borrow the money today to increase your revenue and pay it back with the money you earn during Cyber Monday.
Business loans between 10,000 DKK And 1,000,000 DKK
- The application is free and non-binding and takes less than 1 minute.
- You can have an answer within 1 hour
- The money is paid out the same day
- Fixed monthly fee throughout the loan term
- No set-up cost
- No lock-in period
- No hidden costs
- You can redeem early, free of charge.
Borrow before Black Friday and Cyber Monday, increase your income and pay back on time - at no extra cost
Flexible, safe and easy!
Good luck with your journey
// Teamet hos Qred